Wednesday 26 November 2008

A GIFT FROM OSAKA

I had a wonderful surprise lately when I received a parcel from my Japanese friend, Akiko. Recently she and her family went to the Momofuku Ando Instant Ramen Museum in Ikeda, Osaka. She wanted to share with me her experience at the museum by sending me the museum flyer, packets of instant noodles and a souvenir cup noodle. So nice of her!

The museum has an instant ramen workshop "My Cup Noodle Factory", which allows visitors to make their very own "fresh" instant noodles. Akiko and her mum wanted me to try their choice of instant noodles – chicken ramen in a cup. They also did some beautiful paintings on the cup, using words like "love" and "peace". The cup noodle was wrapped in a clear plastic "balloon" pack with red cotton string. What a nice souvenir item!

As for the packets of instant noodles (bought from the museum), Akiko sent me Chicken Ramen, Shio (salt-based) Ramen and Miso Ramen. I just can't wait to cook them and get to know their taste. Now I know where I should visit when I go to Osaka again.

I am thinking what should I send to Akiko from Singapore next time...








No comments: