Wednesday 1 October 2008

MARUTAMA RAMEN

For the past few months, I had always wanted to have delicious ramen at Marutama. But each time I was at The Central Shopping Mall level three (especially the weekends), the long queues just repelled me from trying. This time I was determined and did not want to miss the chance. I had to queue up for about 20 minutues due to a long queue during lunch hour. Luckily it was worth the wait.

I ordered Marutama's special – Aka Ramen. The slightly spicy soup mixed 7 different nuts with chicken broth. Not the usual kurobuta (black pig) broth. Rich and aromatic. It was very delicious and not too salty. I squeezed some lemon juice into the soup to add a refreshing taste to it. The thin egg noodle was springy and well cooked. The 3 chicken meatballs were slightly spicy and nothing to shout about. Other ingredients included corriander, spring onions, seaweed, pickled onions and sesame seeds. Services from the male/female bosses and waiters were good.

• Food & Beverage 8/10 • Ambience 6.5/10 • Service 7/10


No comments: