Saturday 14 March 2009

DINNER @ KIMGARY RESTAURANT

This restaurant is located at Tampine One Shopping Mall basement one. My nephew Sherman and I wanted to have some non-Singapore food for a change. We were greeted courteously by the female service staff upon arrival. We ordered 2 main dishes – shredded pork with fried egg rice and cheese baked assorted mushrooms, plus iced milk tea. 

The shredded pork with fried egg rice was a wonderful dish. The rice was well-cooked and aromatic. The shredded pork was crispy and delicious, with the right sweetness. When the rice was eaten with the fried egg, chinese mushrooms and corn...hmmm...yummy!



The cheese baked assorted mushrooms was under the "Cheese Baked Fresh Vege" series, which included assorted mushrooms, cheese and white sauce. The nicely-cooked mushrooms tasted okay, but there was too little cheese (I ordered double cheese) and overall too watery. A unique dish but it just did not appeal to me.



I simply love the Hong Kong-style iced milk tea. Concentrated and milky, just right in sweetness. It is the best I have drank so far in Singapore.



• Food & Beverage 7.5/10 • Ambience 7.5/10 • Service 7/10

No comments: